The efficiency of work in a warehouse is influenced by appropriate warehouse equipment and functional space development. Warehouse shelves are necessary to ensure quick and easy access to the goods you need. The height, shape, load capacity and other parameters depend on the type of the stored goods.
Our offer of the rack systems and accessories is addressed to customers who are interested in professional equipment for halls, warehouses, supermarkets or other similar large-area units. The rack accessories we offer will not only complete the implementation of a given order, but will also allow for its proper finishing, protection or even the required fencing or support for your racks. The experience we have gained by improving our skills and production techniques will ensure your satisfaction with the quality of workmanship, and the easiness of assembly will guarantee your work safety and peace of mind for many years.
Types of racks:
– this system works particularly well in maximizing the available storage space. SILO type warehouse is built with the use of specially designed racks, which constitute a self-supporting structure of the entire warehouse. Automatic stacker cranes move between these racks. Thanks to this solution, construction costs are significantly reduced, compared to the construction of conventional warehouse facilities. Racks in this type of facilities are designed not only to store goods or support stacker cranes, but above all they constitute the load-bearing structure, transferring all stresses and forces associated with the work of the building.
Types of racks
are the basic equipment of manually operated warehouses. They are perfect for places where pallets will not be stored, so they are often used in shops, workshops and wholesalers. They are also used in archives and libraries.
Modern trade in commodities includes several types of racks for the storage of palletized loads. The most commonly used pallet racks include: variable configuration racks (with wide and narrow aisles), drive-in, flow, slide-in, sliding and satellite racks.
– In automatic racks, the load-bearing supports are equipped with the running elements that enable the rack to be moved across the ground – most often on rails specially adapted for this purpose. This allows elimination of transport corridors (movable bases provide access to each rack socket from one aisle) and the maximum use of the available storage space.
– In push-back pallet racking, each storage channel is equipped with a set of rollers that move deep into the rack. A loaded pallet moves the pallet behind it one place deep into the channel by means of rolls. Racks of this type usually serve as buffer warehouses in production plants.
– If we want to maximize the use of space in our warehouse and we have homogeneous products with low rotation and a large number of pallets per storage unit, drive-in racks will be an ideal solution for us. This system requires a minimum number of corridors and thus allows the use of up to 85% of the storage space. Such a system works well in cold rooms and freezers where the cost of maintaining the warehouse is higher. This type of racks can be used to store loads of different sizes but this requires that they are defined at the production stage. In drive-through racks, forklift operational aisles are at the same time storage channels, i.e. a forklift with a pallet drives into the rack structure. Drive-in racks are used for block storage, where there is no access to a single loading unit. Therefore, they are used for storing stock with a small number of assortment items and a significant number of loading units of a given assortment.
– cantilever racks are a reliable storage element designed for storing long materials. Due to their functionality, cantilever racks are also referred to as longitudinal racks or racks for long materials. The construction of this type consists of load-bearing poles and horizontal arms – brackets, suspended on them. The technology in which the cantilever rack is produced allows for the suspension of the arms on both sides of the load-bearing poles. The cantilever rack is anchored to the floor through the frame feet with expansion bolts.
The load-bearing poles and arms are made of cold-rolled steel or metallurgical profiles, and the entire structure of the long racks ensures their excellent stability.
– This system works especially well in the food industry, especially in cold stores and freezers. The racks consist of vertical frames and metal load-bearing levels mounted on them with rails that keep the loading units on each level. Beams are also mounted inside as rail supports. An electric trolley travels through the freight corridors created in this way. Bumpers at the ends of the trails prevent the trolley from falling off the rack. A remotely controlled transfer trolley is used there, which enables creation of multi-level installation in the blocked tunnels. These solutions allow not only to increase the use of the warehouse space and to reduce the time needed for loading and unloading by up to 50%, but they also reduce the risk of accidents and damage to the racks.
These racks are installed in two configurations:
• drive in – with access to pallets on one side of the rack (stock rotation in the LIFO model),
• driver through – with access to pallets on both sides of the rack (stock rotation in the FIFO model).
– made of cold-rolled metal sheets and powder-coated, with shelves made of metal or glass. The column of the rack is perforated every 50 mm, so it is possible to set the distance between the individual shelves freely and adjust them to the size of the goods. Commercial shelving systems, also known as shop shelves, can be adjusted to the store’s surface, its specificity, the volume of customer and the working style of employees. They also have to correspond to the assortment presented by the store and match its style and character with aesthetics.
– is a system of shelves for documents that ensures effective use of the storage space. The use of sliding shelves for storing documents allows to maintain transparency and ergonomics of the work environment by doubling the storage area and creating additional work space. An additional advantage of these racks is their modular structure, thanks to which the disassembly is easy and the racks can be moved from one place to another. These shelves can form a partition dividing a room and at the same time providing access to the stored items from both sides.
is a load-handling system that allows to transport goods in a warehouse. There are two types of roller conveyors – automatic, electric-driven, which sets the rollers responsible for the transfer of loads in motion, or self-driven, in which, thanks to the slight inclination of the roller tracks, the goods move automatic ally under the impact of gravity. They are used to increase the efficiency and to speed up transport of loads from production to a warehouse and/or between warehouses in distribution centers and production plants on predetermined routes. These conveyors are very often used in a delivery area to facilitate the processes related to unloading and loading the goods.
that combines the advantages of drive-in racks, push-back racks and Pallet Shuttle system. It works in a simple way. Each level of the corridor is designated for one reference and is equipped with slightly inclined rollers.
The pallets are stacked on one side of the rack and then moved by gravity. They slide on the rollers to the opposite end, where they are ready to be unloaded (which is why these systems are also called gravity-systems). Forklifts do not need to run inside the aisles.
Thanks to this method, the first pallet placed on a given level is the first to be removed (FIFO system). This solution enables perfect product rotation.
Roller racks use gravity to move the pallets stored on them. It is possible to arrange the aisles deeper than 20 m, but the condition of the pallets, their quality (must be high) and weight must be checked.
This type of solution is perfect for the storage of goods with a short expiration date, high rotation, and for high-consumption products characterized by a constant flow (continuous reception and release). There are two aspects to consider when planning this type of storage.
First, because the pallets are stacked in an inclined position, the height of this system is greater than in the case of other solutions, especially with long racks, as greater depth translates into greater height.
enables the maximum use of the cubic capacity of the facility thanks to the multiplication of the originally available space. The installation of the platform is a perfect solution that allows adjusting the storage room to individual needs. The relatively easy modification of the storage platform enables disassembly and reuse of its elements after recalculation of the installation.